The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, has said that the military will ensure that the 2023 elections hold peacefully in the South-East states and in all parts of the country in spite of threats by some groups of people.
The Defence Chief stated this while speaking at the 25th edition of President Buhari (PMB)’s Scorecard Series in Abuja on Monday, February 13.
While responding to a question on the threat by the Simon Ekpa-led faction of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), that the South East will be on lockdown before and after the elections, Irabor said no person or group can stop the polls.
The armed forces is working in concert with the Police and other security agencies to ensure that the menace of criminalities from IPOB and Eastern Security Network are eliminated, he said.
Irabor also corroborated the position of the Defence Minister that no territory of Nigeria is under the control of the Boko Haram or any other terrorist groups. He said all communities in the North-East zones of the country had been liberated from the criminal elements.
Dear Readers, Good and credible news reportage is tedious task and requires huge finances.
We are soliciting your Noble support for as low as N1,000 your support would go a long way in assisting us to continue to guarantee our readers quality news.
Bank transfers can be made to:
Account Name: Harvest and Commercial
Bank: Sterling Bank
Account Number: 0078627735