The blacklisted ad hoc staff were found culpable of electoral malpractices during the polls and will therefore not be involved in the March 18 elections.
The Independent National Electoral Commission says it has blacklisted 100 ad hoc staff involved in various malpractices during the February 25 presidential and national assembly elections in Akwa Ibom.
Dr Cyril Omorogbe, INEC Resident Electoral Commission for the state disclosed this while briefing journalists for next Saturday’s governorship and house of assembly elections.
Omorogbe said the blacklisted ad hoc staff were found culpable of electoral malpractices during the polls and will therefore not be involved in the March 18 elections.
”We blacklisted them, we will not use them during the Governorship and House of Assembly elections on Saturday,” he said.
The resident electoral commissioner said the commission had started distributing sensitive materials to Local Government Areas of the state ahead of the Saturday elections.
Omorogbe said that all arrangements had been made to ensure early arrival of materials and personnel for the polls.
“We have made adequate preparations to ensure that materials and personnel do not arrive late at polling units.
”We are aware of the complaints raised during the presidential and national assembly elections, we do not want that to repeat itself,” he said.
Dear Readers, Good and credible news reportage is tedious task and requires huge finances.
We are soliciting your Noble support for as low as N1,000 your support would go a long way in assisting us to continue to guarantee our readers quality news.
Bank transfers can be made to:
Account Name: Harvest and Commercial
Bank: Sterling Bank
Account Number: 0078627735