The Police Command In Anambra State has said that two suspects have been arrested in connection with Tuesday’s attack on the US Consulate Convoy in Ogbaru Local Government Area.
Preliminary investigations conducted by the police revealed that seven persons were killed in the assault. Of the seven, three were US Consulate officials and four were Mobile Police escorts.
Speaking on the development on Thursday, Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Echeng Echeng said a Joint Security Task Force comprising of police tactical teams and troops of the Nigerian Army and Navy, raided the suspects’ hideout at Ugwuaneocha community within Ogbaru LGA.
Joint security forces comprising police tactical teams from Anambra state police command and troops of the Nigerian Army as well as the Nigerian Navy have raided a camp in Ogwuaniocha community of Ogbaru LGA, Anambra State on 17th May 2023 which was suspected to be the hideout of the assailants that attacked the U.S officials.
Two persons were arrested and they currently assisting the police in the investigation. The criminal camp was razed down by the joint security team.
Recall that Eons Intelligence had earlier reported how a team of officials from the Lagos Consulate of the United States of America and their police escorts (USA) were ambushed on 16th May 2023 which led to the death of two police operatives attached to the team.
Dear Readers, Good and credible news reportage is tedious task and requires huge finances.
We are soliciting your Noble support for as low as N1,000 your support would go a long way in assisting us to continue to guarantee our readers quality news.
Bank transfers can be made to:
Account Name: Harvest and Commercial
Bank: Sterling Bank
Account Number: 0078627735